Sunday, August 10, 2008
The True Meaning
The other day M came up to me while I was watching some t.v. program and sat next to me. She leaned her head on my shoulder and said, "Mama, you're my best friend." I didn't even know she knew that saying or what it meant, but in that moment, she taught me something completely new about love. Later I wanted to show D and I asked her if I was her best friend and she ran over and hugged me and told me I was. Then I asked her if Daddy was her best friend and she came over and held me and said, "No! Mama is my best friend!". I realized that she really understood at her level what that means because of that. I asked her if G was her friend and she told me "yeah, G is my friend" and then I asked her about E and she told me "No, E is too little." LOL. So, now when I am paying the least amount of attention, M will approach me with a kiss or hug or words that echo in my heart, "Mama, you are my best friend.". Motherhood is such a blessing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awwwwwww! I can't wait until Erin starts talking so she can say that kind of stuff to me. I already love her hugs and kisses.
Isn't being a mommy great?????
Post a Comment