Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My Amazing M

  I have been a mother for eight and a half years if you count from the day my first child was born. My baby M took me 40 hours of labor before I was able to push her out into the brisk air of our hospital delivery room.
39 weeks, 5 days and in labor with M.

She was so perfect in every way that I got over the amount of time she made me suffer instantly.  Once home I would hold her as she would slip into a peaceful rest and in my postpartum state, I would cry at her beautiful perfectness.  Every morning she would wake up with a giant smile on her face and my whole day would be brightened with her spirit.
As a toddler, she would tell me that I was her best friend and even now she will tell me she is the luckiest girl in the world to have me as a mom.  I tell her it is more the other way around as she is so wonderful to have as a daughter.

Now she is so grown up that it is difficult to wrap my mommy mind around.  She is intelligent, kind, and imaginative.  She can be ubber creepy in her sense of humor and is ready to laugh. She is full of compassion.  Her heart is bigger than I can ever fathom my own being and she wears that big heart on her sleeve.  She is a joy and an honor to raise and love.
San Diego beach at Coronado

Sand Mountain


Weird and hilarious girl that makes everyday interesting for everyone lucky enough to be in her life.








1 comment:

WalNic said...

So sweet. Love this! Reminds me of my own. :)