6/26/2009
6:30 am- Decide to get up because Baby Boy is soaked from diaper and bring pillows out to front room intending to lay down once he is cleaned up. Do the morning email, Facebook, and Blogger checks and it is too early for anyone to be up for anything interesting to read.
6:35 am- Bruiser staggers out of her room and announces “poop poop” and I bring her over to lay next to Baby Boy to change her pull-up. Decide not to bother with the potty yet because a piece of it is missing and I don’t feel like trying to sift through house to locate it.
6:40 am- Turn on t.v. and find “My Friends Tigger and Pooh” for Bruiser to watch while she eats an apple and sit down to start recording day. Secretly wonder if my life is interesting to anyone besides self and decide it doesn’t matter so long as I am happy talking about it. Realize I am gross and head off to take shower while only half of kids are up and happy simultaneously.
7:00 am- Get up… check. Take shower… check. Brush teeth and hair… check. Step on scale and have lost another pound but am not happy for some reason… check. Spend ten minutes trying to find clothes that are now two sizes too big and finally get dressed… check.
7:05 am- Boo Bear comes to find me and remind me that I promised we would go to the park today before even saying good morning. I confirm I gave her that promise. Take look in mirror and realize I have more grey hair than most grandmothers and start thinking about how much it will cost to get hair colored and what color I want this time. Get frustrated and go to front room to write some more before starting the day.
7:14 am- Catch Bruiser in kitchen climbing onto “naughty chair” trying to get hands on goldfish crackers and threaten life. Bruiser cries really loud and wakes up Baby Girl.
7:17 am- Love on grumpy morning person Baby Girl and kiss her soft cheek. Notice Bruiser playing a dangerous game of peek-a-boo with Baby Boy and find it sweet and scary and tell her to stop.
7:20 am- Catch Bruiser ripping up “My Little Pony” book and get really mad. Send her to corner. Boo Bear complains about a “grumbling tummy” and Bruiser starts crying out “EAT EAT” from the corner to support Boo Bear.
7:25 am- Watch Baby Girl stagger around like a drunk because she has no balance from her middle ears being all messed up. Get angry that she won’t see ENT until late July and know there is nothing I can do about it.
8:00 am- Have fed older two cereal and Baby Girl some Lemon Pie yogurt. Notice she is eating a little less today but was able to get her to say “all done” when she wants down. Get all the cups and bottles set up for the day and Baby Boy starts to complain.
8:10 am- Have Baby Boy asleep in arms after tiny battle that I won.
8:40 am- Am sitting around because of sleeping baby and realize I need to: call WIC, call EFMP, visit Navy college, call in antibiotics refill and pick up, and pay Star Card, Time Warner, and Dentist House bills. Wow.
8:44 am- Watch as Bruiser does a “magic show” for Baby Girl that goes like this:
Bruiser puts weebles in weeble car and drops them to the floor with loud sound.
Baby Girl says “uh oh”.
Bruiser says “tah dah!”
Baby Girl claps.
Bruiser says “thank you, thank you” as she bows.
8:53 am- Baby Boy now awake. Find it noteworthy to mention both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson are dead as of yesterday and think Farrah got screwed out of her time in the spotlight by Jackson.
9:15 am- Set out shrimp to thaw for dinner tonight (Curry-Dusted Shrimp with Mango-Ginger Sauce, rice, and vegetables out of the Weight Watchers cookbook Hubby bought me) and think I am awesome.
9:30 am- Daddy V arrives to drop off Scrapper and Baby V and announces he has forgotten diaper bag. I then inform that I have two diapers left myself and he runs to Wal-Mart asap.
10:00 am- Diapers are here and Daddy V has left so I am now running the ship of all six kids. It doesn’t take long for WWE to start up between the two year olds and I decide it is time to go to the park since there is a Relief Society play date now.
10:45 am- Have walked with all six kids to the park with
a) Baby Boy in front carrier on me
b) Baby V in back seat of stroller and Baby Girl in front seat
c) Scrapper and Bruiser holding on each side of stroller and walking
d) And Boo Bear walks freely as long as she listens well
11:00 am- Let kids run around park and end up not even getting to visit or get to know other moms because I am on kid patrol constantly doing head counts.
11:30 am- Am tired and all the other moms are leaving so I get the grumpy babies all set up in carrier and stroller, then bribe older three with a donut each for the walk home.
11:35 am- Just getting started on walk home and a mother and father are pushing their one child in a stroller toward us. Sidewalk is tiny and they pull off to the side to let us all pass. As we pass, woman says “Let me guess, you must be a child care provider.” To which I reply “Well, a couple of them aren’t mine, but four of them are.” And she says “Oh, I’m sorry.” and walks off with husband who then starts in on her that he “wants one more child still” and I pick up the pace to get away from them. C R E E P Y and rude.
11:45 am- Realize I need to get creative and make walk interesting for kids so have them count every road we have to cross and name off colors of cars we pass. Surprisingly have a much more fun walk on way back then way to park because of games.
12:00 pm- Am finally home with all six kids in tact and not run over by any vehicles and Mommy V arrives. So I get lunch made and served while she loves Baby V and Scrapper.
1:00ish pm- Have put down Bruiser, Baby Girl, and Baby V while Boo Bear and Scrapper play and Baby Boy sleeps on my arms. Decide to watch pre-recorded shows of “Mystery Diagnosis” with Mommy V and marvel at stories while Mommy V gets bored.
3:00ish pm- Scrapper is down for nap now and Baby Boy is STILL asleep so I continue to watch “Mystery Diagnosis” as Daddy V comes and goes and Hubby arrives just to take off with Daddy V to go to the store. AM ANNOYED AT HUBBY.
4:30 pm- Time to start dinner now and am excited to see how it tastes when it is complete and V Family leaves for their home.
5:00 pm- Hubby announces he wants to get me a present and thinks after the week (and especially day since it was supposed to be a day off) that he wants to go get it now. I permit it since he promises to pay back credit card on the first and he takes three oldest kids with him.
5:30 pm- Have served up everyone’s plates so I set up Baby Boy in highchair and have a quiet dinner by myself and share mango sauce with him, which he LOVES. Have officially given Baby Boy homemade baby food for first time by letting him taste little bits off of my finger.
5:45 pm- Family returns from store and I sit kids down to eat and Hubby unleashes AWESOME and expensive gifts…
5:50 pm- Am looking over the PS3 “Legend of Spyro Dawn of the Dragons” and BlackJack II phone (pretty much a blackberry!) that Hubby got me just because he loves me and wanted to thank me for all the hard work I put in around here. Love Hubby soooo much!
7:00 pm- Kids are in bath and Hubby is taking care of things while I get to write and look over new toys. Hubby tells me that for someone who couldn’t cook anything but Hamburger Helper when we got married, I have turned into an awesome cook and feel loved and accomplished.
7:10 pm- Am exhausted and so looking forward to weekend off work.
7:30 pm- Squeal like giddy little school girl when I open the box and take out my new phone. Help get Baby Girl diapered and dressed for bed after bath lay her down. Wait a few minutes for her fall asleep before running her feeding pump and hooking her up.
7:45 pm- Am at computer and Hubby is playing a new game on PS3 while Boo Bear sits on couch to watch. Hubby dies in game and M goes “oh crap” and Hubby and I’s mouths hit the floor. We then explain to her that that word is only for mommies and daddies and that she can say “oh poop” and she says “OK, I will try that now!”
7:50 pm- M yells out “oh poop!” and we laugh.
8:00 pm- Hook up Baby Girl to pump and decide it is time to talk to mom on phone.
No comments:
Post a Comment