Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Good morning...

I've been trying really hard to take time out of each day to sit and watch and take in what my kids do and say and behave like. I feel this need to be aware of them and record special and precious moments that give me sunshine. My most recent thing of note is a M thing. Every morning, G will come to climb into bed with me long before her sisters are up. She will either go to sleep next to me or she will monkey around until I kick her out of the bed and into her room to play. Well, around 7 am every morning, M will find her way into our room and say, "good morning Mama, it's a beautiful day! The sun is shining! Get up Mama, get up and get dressed!" It is a great way to wake up, I have to admit. For as long as I can remember with M she has always woken up so happy. Just radiant that a new day has come and she gets to be in it and live. It helps when I am starting to feel so incredibly exhausted all the time to have such a positive force in my life to drag me up and out of bed. Kids are such a blessing in reminding us how lucky we really are to be here and be alive. And how blessed we are to learn that from them and not get too caught up in the adult concerns in life.

4 comments:

Ratliffs said...

So true! I get stuck in this rut where I remember to enjoy them, then I get caught up in life, then I remember to enjoy me kids, then I get caught up with life...you get the picture! Kids are definitely the Best blessing in life!

Brittanie said...

Thank you for reminding me that I just need to take Erin in and enjoy her. The last few days have been pretty hard, and she woke up at 6:30 this morning. I don't know if you remember, but I am NOT a morning person and I have been almost angry with her for waking up so early. But thank you for reminding me that I just need to enjoy her right now. After all, her childhood is going so fast!

(hugs)

BigDaddy said...

That is such a wonderful story :) My two little girls (not so little anymore 13 & 10 lol) have always 'pampered' me. I love their positive influence in my life.

~Micah aka. BigDaddy

Kari said...

That's so sweet! What a wonderful wake-up call! It's so true that we need to just see our kids and take them in without stressing. We know we love our kids,but it's great to have a reminder of why we love them.