So, I have decided to compile some snip-its of moments with the girls that were just too good not to share...
After we got home from church on Sunday we were eating lunch. I was sitting at the computer just reading emails and I turn my head to look at the table. M has decided to stand up on the chair and when I look at her she blows me a kiss. I of course catch the kiss and thank her for the kiss and she says, "your welcome Princess Mama." Since then, I have been Princess Mama and she has been Princess M. We even have Princess G and Princess E. I love being royalty.
I am in the kitchen cleaning up and M comes out with this long piece of ribbon with knots on both sides. She takes it and puts each knot in the cabinet doors across from each other. She then runs right at it and the knots slide toward the hinges and get stuck. Now, this is not what M had in mind and she stands there and says, "oh no, I will never win the race". I just decide that this is one time I need to watch and see how her problem solving goes. She tries to win the race one more time as it is and it doesn't improve, so she decides to run the race from the opposite direction. This was perfect because now the knots just slide right out of the door and that is that. M WINS THE RACE!!!! Of course, once G saw that there was something going on that fun, she started winning with her. Sisterhood rocks!
Again in the kitchen, I am cooking dinner. This time M drags out a guitar of D's (that he has NEVER used) and sets it against the cabinet wall. She then begins to strum on this guitar and sing the words, "mama, is cooking dinner, for a M. Mama, is cooking dinner a M!" This song was HILARIOUS and ever since she discovered this exciting new thing to do, she does it all the time. I will hear her randomly singing and strumming this guitar now. She loves to sing...
At church on Sunday, it was time to sing the hymns. So D and I get out the books and M gets out the program. She opens hers up and sings her own version of the hymn and one of the little boys in the row in front of us turns around. He looked at her like she was killing him and making him ill and she was just too wrapped up in her singing to notice or care. That's my girl!
One last moment, and it was at church also. Almost every single Sunday, G gets all upset and D has to step out into the entrance area with her and sit down. She throws a fit and tries with all her might to escape and D just makes her calm down and behave. Well, this Sunday G got smart about things. Every time someone would walk by, she would put her hands up and say, "Help, help". D would just laugh and tell her they were not going to help her escape. Well, I came out to check on things and actually did it to me! LOL, I laughed sooo hard. That girl is just too smart for her own good.
2 comments:
Sooo funny! Braden sings in church some, too. Although he has to have a hymnbook and he sings pretty loud. Whenever Braden gets taken out of church, he yells and screams, "OW!! OW!!" Darn kids!
Awww, what fun moments! Erin sings and dances to the hymns during Sacrament Meeting. Her singing is just babbling that is a little louder with each syllable drawn out a bit more. And her dancing is head-bobbing, but it's still adorable.
I love getting the window into your family life! What fun.
Post a Comment