


So, my dear and precious G is a character all her own. As her mother, I have grown completely accustomed to her communication styles and find them to be either annoying or cute depending on the current situation we find ourselves in. While in Fallon though, it was brought to my attention by my goofy and lovable family members that G actually sounds just like a car alarm. Yes, you heard me right, a CAR ALARM. Whenever G really wants or needs anything, she chooses to make this noise that does in fact sound quite like one instead of bothering with actual words. My Grandma's opinion on this predicament is that M, who is quite the vocal child, does plenty of talking for she and G combined. I have tried my very hardest of late to try teaching my darling middle child to use words and it is about as traumatic for her as punishment. She will become absolutely beside herself with anger if I so dare as to demand an attempt at a "please" or "thank you". Now the oddest part of all this is the words that she actually does volunteer such as: "what's that?" "bless you" and the occasional "thank you" when given voluntarily only. Of late, I have even gotten her to acknowledge that I am mama only to have her decide to call herself mama two seconds later. Oh, the torture of a stubborn 17 month old. Woe is me!
Not too long ago, E was given her blessing in church by D. It was an amazing faith building experience for us as her parents. D and I fasted and prayed previous to the blessing and so when he went up in front during Sacrament meeting to administer the blessing, it was very spiritually charged. As D stood up there and lay his hands upon our dear baby, he was nearly over powered by the Holy Ghost to the point that it became difficult for him to speak or keep from weeping. Now, for a man to go through that, it is a very powerful experience. During the blessing, D was strongly impressed that E would meet and marry a very good man and the other moment that stood out was a shock to both of us. During the blessing, D was just saying what came out of his mouth through the Spirit and at one point, he blessed her to heal from her illness. When he came back to sit down afterward, I turned to him and questioned him what on earth that meant and he honestly couldn't tell me. As I sat and took he and E in, I could see the love of God himself flowing from D to E. There was a bond created so strong that he wouldn't let go of her until he left for work that evening. He looked at her differently and I could see that something very sacred and powerful had been created between them. All from one beautiful blessing. I can say as a mother and daughter of God, it built my testimony that much stronger to be a part of that moment.
So, as usual with me, I have changed my hair yet again. I have decided to go red for a spell and enjoy that. Also, I have decided to become a Mary Kay consultant and I could not be more excited. I know that for whatever reason, I feel completely drawn to this business and the personal growth that will come out of it for me. I have also started working out everyday and will be starting an adult ballet class tomorrow. All in all, I feel like I am becoming a whole person. I have even enrolled M into a Montessori preschool starting on March 31st until the end of this school year and she will continue with the new year in late August. I have had to face my demons in putting her out into the world even for three half days a week where I cannot protect and nurture her or control her environment. But it is vitally important for both of us for me to let her do this now so that we can both grow and develop, but it doesn't change how scary it is for me! Well, I need to try and recover the disaster that is my house after a day of abuse from the kids! Until next time...
2 comments:
That's amazing about the blessing. I think I would have taken her straight into the doctor. Have you considered that? That maybe the blessing was a warning to get you in and get her checked out? It would be a little weird, especially if she's acting normally, but I just don't think that's something that should be ignored.
Good luck honey, I'll be praying for your family!
You know, I just took her in yesterday and they didn't take it seriously. She came down with a nasty cold and had a fever and congestion, plus lethargy and vomiting and refusal to eat. I took her in to the ER first because she was acting too sick even for me to handle. They told me she was just sick with a viral cold and sent me on my way without even some tylenol for her fever which they ignored. Apparently, they don't administer it until 101.5 and she was 101.3, so she just got to suffer! Unreal! So, then I took her in to our family doctor and she just told me to hydrate her and bring her back the next day. My problem right now is that my baby is almost 6 months old and has barely cleared 11 pounds. And no one is taking it seriously but Darryl and I. So, my predicament is that I am stuck with Navy doctors that are not pediatricians taking care of my baby. She has had issues from birth and after that blessing, I know for fact that she either has an undiagnosed illness or will in the future. But my hands are tied until she displays symptoms that mean anything to the medical professionals. Enough for a worried mother to pull her own hair out!
Post a Comment